Saturday, October 25, 2008

Honey Syrup



Ingredients

Makes about 3 cups

  • 1 cup honey
  • 4 (3-inch) pieces orange peel
  • 2 (3-inch) pieces lemon peel
  • 2 sticks cinnamon
  • 3 whole cloves
  • Hot water

Directions

  1. Using a funnel, place honey, orange and lemon peels, cinnamon, and cloves in a clean bottle; Add enough hot water to fill. Cover and let stand for at least two days and up to one week before using.
This recipe for honey syrup was originally used for a Miami Margarita. But, I was thinking it would be great in tea. You just need to use a sparkling glass water bottle. Then when ready to use attach a pour spout. It looks so delicious.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Janna -

Just had to post and let you know that I am a big fan! :)
I love you - I think of you every day and I can't wait to see you guys soon....
Andrea

Alana said...

I'm confused on this honey syrup thing. I have been trying to figure it out. please elaborate for me. wth is honey syrup?

 
Add to Technorati Favorites